Microeconomics, Behavioral Economics, Industrial Organization, Labor economics, Experimental Economics, Game theory
We look for an excellent researcher working to explain economic phenomena at the microeconomic level using inductive and deductive methods, static and dynamic analysis, with the aim of providing analytical and empirical foundation for applied investigations and for interventions in the field of economic policy and public economy.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the development of IMT along a number of dimensions:
- excellent publication records
- intense scientific collaboration with IMT researchers
- supervision of phd students
- teaching at phd level
- promoting multidisciplinary research about economics and decision sciences
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Applicants selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis are interviewed at the Job Market Meetings in which the Institute is planning to participate, if applicable to the specific academic sector. Alternatively, individual preliminary interviews may also be conducted at IMT or by conference call. Travel expenses to Lucca for the preliminary interview will not be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Job Market Presentation open to IMT faculty members and students. Travel expenses for the Job Market Presentation will be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic); Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
An email, with the instructions on how to upload the reference letters will be automatically sent to your referees.
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published paper or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper during the final stage of the selection process.
Additional papers can be submitted for evaluation if desired (to be attached to your application in a single zip file where indicated in the online form). Please check the full call for further information about additional papers.